[3dem] 3DEM Gordon Research Seminar 2020

Cameron Varano cburk05 at vt.edu
Fri Nov 15 12:30:58 PST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring to your attention the 3DEM Gordon Research Seminar
which will be held at Rey Don Jaime Grand Hotel in Castelldefels, Spain during
the weekend of June 20-21, 2020.

The GRS provides a great opportunity for junior scientists to meet, present
and discuss cutting-edge developments in 3DEM in a vibrant, friendly and
inclusive atmosphere. This year’s inaugural 3DEM GRS was a great success
and we aim to build on that with an even better meeting next year!

We will be creating an exciting program on the theme of “Visualizing
Biological Complexity Across Scales” by selecting outstanding speakers and
discussion leaders from submitted abstracts. We encourage junior
researchers working in 3DEM to consider participating in the 2020 GRS by
submitting an abstract on your research, and we ask more senior scientists
to please bring this opportunity to the attention of your grad students and
postdocs.

You can find more information on the 2020 3DEM GRS at the following link:
https://www.grc.org/three-dimensional-electron-microscopy-grs-conference/2020/

The GRS is held in conjunction with the 3DEM GRC. Applicants for the GRS
are strongly encouraged to apply for the GRC as well. Note that you must
apply for BOTH meetings if you would like to attend both the GRS and GRC,
and acceptance to one does not guarantee acceptance to the other. Also note
that selection as a speaker or discussion leader for the GRS will have no
influence on the choice of posters for selected poster talks at the GRC.

Applications for the GRS are open now but we will not start to select
speakers and attendees until early 2020.

We look forward to seeing many of you in Spain next year!

Cameron Varano and Colin Palmer, Co-Chairs