[3dem] question about amira

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Wed Nov 13 13:22:39 PST 2019

Hi,

    I have a question about using Amira.  Segmentation with Amira can be extremely time-consuming (manually dealing with hundreds of slices of a serial block face imaging data set) and in several instances, days of work have been lost when (for example) a building lost power or the machine that hosts our site license was taken off line for a few minutes.  There must be some way to save segmentation work so that it can be resumed at a later date.  If so, we haven't found it nor has anyone we have contacted at ThermoFisher been able to help us.  I'm certain someone at ThermoFisher can help, we just haven't been able to get in contact with them.  Any help you can offer would be much appreciated.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047D Simon Hall