[3dem] 4th International Conference on Cryo-3D Image Analysis (March 18 - 21, 2020, Lake Tahoe, CA)

Dorit Hanein dorit at sbpdiscovery.org
Mon Nov 4 11:29:11 PST 2019

We are pleased to announce the 4th International Conference on Three-dimensional Cryo-EM Image Analysis to be held March 18-21, 2020 at Granlibakken Conference Center, Lake Tahoe, California. The 2020 conference builds on our very successful previous events on the same theme in 2014, 2016 and 2018.

The goal of this series of meetings is for technical discussions of state of the art image analysis approaches and algorithm developments to tackle challenging biological problems and to identify current limitations in the field. We have recruited an outstanding panel of speakers (listed at the site below). While similar in spirit to GRCs, this meeting permits a more technical focus on specific problems in more depth than the GRC usually permits. Topics at the 2020 meeting will include: tomography and high resolution subtomogram averaging, conformational variability, deep learning, model based refinement and automation.  In addition, there will be a dedicated session for selected poster talks.  All sessions will focus on interactive discussions with plenty of time for questions.

The preliminary program and registration details can be found at   https://cryoem.bcm.edu/events/view_workshop/15<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcryoem.bcm.edu%2Fevents%2Fview_workshop%2F15&data=02%7C01%7Cdorit%40sbpdiscovery.org%7C32e5e3ffa770444ebb4208d76154832e%7C0b162723004547deb0699f1a7aa955a1%7C0%7C0%7C637084887933182999&sdata=Q24%2F%2ByuuO1Rp8ffotUd21gaknyPZFu2QRPuXUlw6P4Y%3D&reserved=0>

The early registration deadline for this Conference is Jan 31st, 2020.

See you soon in  Tahoe

Dorit Hanein, CHAIR & Steven Ludtke, Co-CHAIR

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE

Masahide Kikkawa, Pawel Penczek, Jose Maria Carazo, Scott Stagg, Niels Volkmann, Ed Egelman