[3dem] CryoEM scientist positions available at NIS

Anette Schneemann aschneem at nanoimagingservices.com
Mon Nov 4 10:19:59 PST 2019

Senior cryoEM scientist positions available at NanoImaging Services
NanoImaging Services (NIS) is the global leader in providing comprehensive structural characterization of biopharmaceuticals by single particle cryoEM and microED.  We are uniquely positioned to support the research and development pipeline of our clients with a dedicated suite of in-house microscopes, including a Tecnai T12, Titan Krios and Glacios cryoTEM.  NIS is rapidly expanding operations in the US and seeking applicants for multiple senior cryoEM scientist positions in the greater San Diego and Boston areas.

In joining NIS, you will become a key member of a highly talented, dedicated team of scientists pushing boundaries in structural biology:

·       to deliver exceptional value to our clients

·       to drive CryoEM adoption

·       to enable expanded structural support for the most challenging of targets in drug discovery and development

To support our expansion and our mission to provide ongoing excellence in CryoEM, we are seeking applicants for multiple, senior cryoEM scientist positions.

Responsibilities

- Daily operation and maintenance of electron microscopes, including directly interfacing with team members, clients and support engineers

- Operation and maintenance of related ancillary equipment, including the Vitrobot, Chameleon, carbon coater, plasma cleaner, etc

- Sample preparation supporting single particle workflows, microED and other, diverse nanoparticle characterization

- Training, assisting and overseeing members of our client partnerships program in sample preparation and data collection

- Providing broader operational support to the facility, including, but not limited to laboratory organization, supply maintenance, compliance with documentation requirements, and other activities, as assigned.

Minimum experience

- A minimum of 2-5 years of experience in cryoEM analysis of biological molecules;

- Hands-on experience in operation of electron microscopes for image collection;

- Hands-on experience in operation of Vitrobot, manual plunger and/or other related equipment in biological electron microscopy;

- Experience in high resolution cryoEM;

- Hands-on experience in usage of cryoEM software for automated image collection;

- Hands-on experience in operation of Titan Krios, Glacios and Tecnai microscopes;

- Experience in cryo electron tomography a plus;

- Skills in working and communicating with colleagues at all levels;

- Ability in working on multiple challenging tasks in a fast-paced environment

Interested individuals are encouraged to send a resume with cover letter containing information on their qualifications, and contact information for three individuals that can act as references, to:  admin at nimgs.com <mailto:admin at nimgs.com>.  Applicants must be authorized to work in the US.

Anette Schneemann, PhD
Chief Science Officer
NanoImaging Services, Inc.
4940  Carroll Canyon Road, Suite 115