[3dem] RAID array on K3 server

Lance Wilson lance.wilson at monash.edu
Sun Nov 3 20:55:40 PST 2019

Hi Terje,
Your best option would be to look at doing RAID 6. That would take two
drives for parity data, meaning you could lose two drives before complete
data loss. It will depend on the RAID card how you can implement it.  If
the card can't do RAID 6 it very likely can do RAID10 which will give you
the speed advantages but lose 1/2 the space.

Cheers,

Lance
--
Dr Lance Wilson
Characterisation Virtual Laboratory (CVL) Coordinator &