[3dem] Scipion 2.0 is out and Xmipp 19.04

Carlos Oscar S. Sorzano coss at cnb.csic.es
Thu May 16 04:11:42 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I also take this mail to announce the release of Xmipp 19.04. It's
release notes are in https://github.com/I2PC/xmipp/wiki/Release-notes
and this new version contains many new algorithms like stream processing
up to 3D reconstruction and estimation of 3D heterogeneity, MotionCorrB
(a  very fast movie alignment using B-splines that generalizes
MotionCorr2 and our Optical Flow), deep consensus (an algorithm to merge
the output of multiple particle pickers and save 2D classification
time), swarm consensus (an algorithm that automatically constructs
initial volumes based on proposals by other algorithms), initial volume
validation using SAXS experiments, highres (3D reconstruction of
homogeneous populations), angular consensus (an algorithm to compare the
angular assignment by two different algorithms),  heterogeneity
metaprotocol (3D classification) allowing detailed control of the
intermediate steps, many resolution algorithms measuring the resolution
locally, directionally and in tomograms (MonoRes, MonoDir and MonoTomo),
and localDeblur (an algorithm to sharpen maps that uses the local
resolution information).

A short presentation with some of these results can be seen at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1r3RnOw8pkp-BH5KvCxvAdoe-HUPtCddo/view?usp=sharing

Kind regards, Carlos Oscar

Carlos Oscar Sánchez Sorzano                  e-mail:   coss at cnb.csic.es
Biocomputing unit                             http://i2pc.es/coss
National Center of Biotechnology (CSIC)
c/Darwin, 3
Campus Universidad Autónoma (Cantoblanco)     Tlf: 34-91-585 4510
28049 MADRID (SPAIN)                          Fax: 34-91-585 4506