[3dem] PhD position

Cristina Paulino c.paulino at rug.nl
Mon Jun 3 10:14:54 PDT 2019

Dear EM community,

I have a PhD position available to join my energetic lab at the University of Groningen, NL

My group is focused in understanding the structure-function relationship of membrane transporters. Here we employ mostly single-particle cryo-EM which we complement with the biochemical characterization of the target protein.

We are equipped with an in-house Talos Arctica (auto-loader, K2, energy filter and phase plate), which has proven to be working beautifully and provides super nice high-resolution data of our small membrane proteins (115-250 kDa, low or none symmetry, see some references below). As the head of the cryo-EM unit, members of my (small) group have an exceptionally high access to the microscope and will be thoroughly trained. If required we also have access to two Titan Krios at NeCEN (the Dutch EM facility in Leiden).

The University of Groningen is continuously ranked among the best 100 universities, is very international, offers excellent working conditions and Groningen itself has a vibrant student city atmosphere.

I am looking for someone that has already some experience in working with membrane proteins (expression, purification and biochemical characterization) and/or electron microscopy.

Should you have interest please contact me by email with your CV (including skills and expertise), a motivation letter and at least two contacts for reference. The position would need to be filled as soon as possible.

Best,
Cristina