[3dem] Problem with Relion 3.0 multi-body refinement

Vishaka Santosh vs4p at virginia.edu
Mon Jul 15 08:04:10 PDT 2019

Hello everyone.  I am currently running Relion 3.0 multi-body refinement
and when the refinement was about to converge, I got this error:
ERROR: out of memory in
/programs/x86_64-linux/relion/3.0_cu8.0/src/acc/acc_backprojector_impl.h at
line 37 (error-code 2)
in: /programs/x86_64-linux/relion/3.0_cu8.0/src/acc/cuda/cuda_settings.h,
line 67
ERROR:

A GPU-function failed to execute.

The funny thing is, I have used the Refine3D subprogram in Relion to refine
this structure and there were no issues at all, so I'm wondering if anyone
else has experienced this problem.
--
Vishaka Santosh
UVA Class of 2011, BS in Chemistry with a specialization in Biochemistry