[3dem] Postdoc position at the National University of Singapore

Lu Gan lu at anaphase.org
Mon Jan 28 01:55:56 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

A new postdoc position is available in my lab, located in the Centre for
BioImaging Sciences, Department of Biological Sciences at the National
University of Singapore, Singapore.

The candidate will investigate how eukaryotic cells control their chromatin
structure at the level of nucleosomes and other nuclear complexes. Because
this work will be done in situ, the candidate will use state-of-the-art
technologies including – but not limited to – cryosectioning, cryo-FIB,
electron cryotomography, 3-D classification, and subtomogram averaging.
Examples can be found in our recent work:

www.molbiolcell.org/doi/10.1091/mbc.E18-05-0331
www.pnas.org/content/115/43/10977
jcb.rupress.org/content/early/2018/11/30/jcb.201809088

The Centre of BioImaging Sciences is equipped with state-of-the art
instrumentation, including a Titan Krios cryo-TEM with a Falcon II
direct-detection camera, a T12 cryo-TEM, a Vitrobot plunge freezer, a
high-pressure freezer, a UC7/FC7 cryomicrotome, and a Helios FIB-SEM. The
facility is actively undergoing upgrades. Core proteomics, computing, light
microscopy, and cell-culture facilities are also available. Training in the
theory and operation of key equipment and software is provided by dedicated
staff.

Access to other equipment, such as a K2/K3 camera, energy filter, and light
cryomicroscopes is available through our established collaborations or
through local and international cryo-EM facilities. The candidate will also
interact with long-term collaborators who share common interests in
chromatin biology.

The candidate must have a strong publication record in the broad areas of
biology, chemistry, computer science, engineering or physics.

Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, and contact info of
three references to Lu Gan (lu at anaphase.org). Additional details about our
group can be found on our website (www.anaphase.org).

Cheers.
Lu