[3dem] Postdoctoral positions available @ UC San Diego

Leschziner, Andres aleschziner at ucsd.edu
Thu Jan 10 10:05:16 PST 2019

Postdoctoral Positions Available
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine and Howard Hughes Medical Institute
University of California San Diego

The Reck-Peterson (HHMI) and Leschziner labs at the University of California San Diego are seeking postdoctoral fellows to join our interdisciplinary research team. Our labs collaborate to study the molecular basis of microtubule-based transport. We use a wide-range of state-of-the-art methods including single-molecule biophysics, in vitro reconstitution, advanced live-cell imaging, and cryo-electron microscopy. We have multiple positions available to participate in new projects studying microtubule-based processes and their role in human disease. New projects will also have access to use cyro-electron tomography and lattice light sheet microscopy.

The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in the biological, biophysical, or biochemical sciences. Preferred candidates will have experience in techniques our labs specialize in.

Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to srp.al.labs at gmail.com<mailto:srp.al.labs at gmail.com> In addition, please have three referees send letters of recommendation directly to srp.al.labs at gmail.com<mailto:srp.al.labs at gmail.com>. Applications without references will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed starting immediately until the positions are filled.

The University of California is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.