[3dem] Research Associate position at CEMAS

McComb, David W. mccomb.29 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 12 15:44:26 PST 2019

We seek a Cryo-EM Research Associate to join our team at the Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis (CEMAS) at the Ohio State University (OSU).  CEMAS (cemas.osu.edu<http://cemas.osu.edu/>) is one of the most comprehensive EM facilities in any North American institute.  Housed in a custom designed laboratory at OSU, CEMAS has a Glacios cryo-TEM with a Falcon III DeD and STEM detectors, as well as a Titan Krios fitted with a Bioquantum K3 imaging filter and detector, phase plates, STEM detectors and a spherical aberration corrector.  These instruments compliment four additional TEMs (2 corrected-Titans, TF20, T30), 2 dual beam FIB instruments (1 with cryo-stage), four SEMs (1 with cryo stage) and X-ray microtomography.  At CEMAS, we are leading the convergence of physical and life sciences and are seeking enthusiastic scientists to join our team.

The Research Associate will join a multidisciplinary research team to drive our cryo-EM activities and support our users. The research associate will advise users on experimental strategy and assist in moving projects forward. This position will also assist with oversight and maintenance of cryo-transmission electron microscopes and ancillary related equipment. This position will participate and support research in single particle and tomography studies utilizing cryo-transmission electron microscopes and specimens.  Many opportunities to develop programs on correlative multiscale approaches to cryo-EM utilizing SEM, FIB, TEM and STEM are possible.

Full details and application forms can be found at https://www.jobsatosu.com/postings/92699

Dave McComb
Director, Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis
Materials Science and Engineering
Center for Electron Microscopy and Analysis, 1305 Kinnear Road, Columbus, OH 43212
614 643 3462 Office
mccomb.29 at osu.edu<mailto:mccomb.29 at osu.edu> cemas.osu.edu<http://cemas.osu.edu/>