[3dem] long monitor cables

Craig Yoshioka yoshiokc at ohsu.edu
Fri Feb 1 13:57:54 PST 2019

There are several types of TX/RX boxes that let you do long runs of video/USB over network cables:

This one will do 4K and USB: https://www.amazon.com/AV-Access-Extender-Independent-Management/dp/B01GYKVWC4<https://www.amazon.com/AV-Access-Extender-Independent-Management/dp/B01GYKVWC4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1549057866&sr=8-8&keywords=kvm+over+cat+x&th=1>

There are also some that will let you do multiple displays, but they are more than 2X the cost of the above.

There are also "active” long USB and HDMI cables, but I personally prefer the Cat6/7 cable route.  The one I linked has a nice bonus, it transmits power via ethernet from the TX box, so there is only one plug for the pair.