[3dem] Postdoctoral position in cryoFIB/cryoET

Piotr Szwedziak p.szwedziak at cent.uw.edu.pl
Mon Dec 23 03:47:16 PST 2019

Dear all,

I have a postdoc position available in my newly established lab at the
ReMedy Unit at Warsaw University. The position is fully funded till the
end of 2022 with a possibility of extension.

We are seeking a person who is interested in utilising a combination of
cryo focused ion beam milling and electron cryotomography to study large
cargo secretion in metazoan cells. This is a collaborative project with
Ishier Raote at the Malhotra lab (CRG Barcelona).

We have access to an in house Zeiss Auriga FIB-SEM instrument equipped
with a Quorum PP3010 cryo transfer system and a 200 kV Glacios fitted
with a phase plate and a Falcon 3EC as well as a Titan Krios G3i
equipped with a phase plate, BioQuantum energy filter and both K3 and
Falcon3EC direct electron detectors located at the National Centre for
Electron Cryomicroscopy in Krakow, Poland.

The working language of the institute is English.

If this sounds interesting to you, please send a cover letter, CV, and
contact information for two referees.

For more details please contact me at: p.szwedziak at cent.uw.edu.pl

many thanks,

Piotr