[3dem] NCCAT 2020-C2 CryoEM access and cross-training proposal deadline - January 1, 2020 - NYC, USA

Ed Eng eeng at nysbc.org
Wed Dec 18 17:07:42 PST 2019

​Dear all,

NCCAT's next quarterly application deadline for cryoEM access at no cost is January 1, 2020 for 2020’s scheduling cycle2 (2020-C2). Given the holiday season, there will be a one (1)-time deadline extension. New applications submitted to our Proposal Central by 5pm on January 3, 2020 will be considered within 2020-C2.

Apply now: http://nccat.nysbc.org/proposalcentral/ .

We have two (2) access categories:
1) General User Proposal (GUP) that supports instrumentation access, and
2) cross-Training Program (TP) that assists users in the development of cryoEM skills needed for independent research.

An update, the NCCAT wing at NYSBC is built and we are currently installing the first three (3) dedicated Titan Krios instruments for the national service center. After these instruments come online we will be rolling out additional access programs. This cycle, we are prioritizing the GUP1 early access program, which supports single-particle cryoEM data collection on one of our existing three (3) Krios instruments, and our cross-training programs. For your information, GUP2 (Chameleon access) and GUP1 (Krios access) are separate categories and would require separate applications for 2020-C2.

NCCAT is committed to an open and transparent application process to ensure equal-opportunity nationwide access. For more information visit nccat.nysbc.org .

Best,
Ed Eng (NCCAT)

The Transformative High Resolution Cryo-Electron Microscopy Program
National Cryo-EM Service Centers - commonfund.nih.gov/CryoEM<http://commonfund.nih.gov/CryoEM>
 Stanford-SLAC Cryo-EM Center (S2C2) - cryoem.slac.stanford.edu/s2c2<http://cryoem.slac.stanford.edu/s2c2>
 Pacific Northwest Center for Cryo-EM (PNCC) - pncc.online<http://pncc.online/>
 National Center for CryoEM Access and Training (NCCAT) - nccat.nysbc.org<http://nccat.nysbc.org/>

---
Edward T. Eng, Ph.D.
NCCAT: National Center for CryoEM Access and Training
SEMC: Simons Electron Microscopy Center
NYSBC: New York Structural Biology Center
89 Convent Ave, NY, NY 10027
nccat.nysbc.org semc.nysbc.org
(212)939-0660 x346