[3dem] Using SerialEM and Leginon on same scope

Grassucci, Robert rg2502 at cumc.columbia.edu
Fri Aug 30 06:44:59 PDT 2019

Hi All,
With the commissioning of our 4 new scopes we are debating if we should put SerialEM and Leginon on the same microscopes.  I have heard from some people that there may be some problems that arise during the transition.  We have mostly been using Leginon so have a great deal of experience with it and use SerialEM for our limited tomography users.  I cannot see any reason they should conflict but want to ask the 3DEM community if they have any specific experience where this has been a problem.  Thank you and I look forward to your advice.
Regards,
Bob

Robert Grassucci
Co Director CryoEM Core Facility
Columbia University Medical Center
Biochemistry and Molecular Biophysics Dept.
Black Building 2-221
650 W 168 Street
New York, NY 10032
Phone: 212-305-9520