[3dem] small chillers

Wim Hagen hagen at embl.de
Mon Aug 19 10:11:22 PDT 2019

Hi,

My experiences with any air cooled chillers in EM are utterly bad, regardless what room they are in.
The moment you run into any microscope problem, the microscope vendor will blame the room temperature stability and/or acoustics, and your HVAC people will blame the chiller.
If your camera gain refs become unstable, your camera vendor will blame your HVAC people.

What’s the root-problem that makes you consider to connect a camera to a separate chiller vs keeping it connected to the microscope chiller?

Best,

Wim Hagen
EMBL Heidelberg