[3dem] Position - cryo ET / subtomo methods development

John Briggs jbriggs at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 03:26:49 PDT 2019

Dear All,

We are looking for a postdoc to join the group who would like to develop, improve and apply methods for cryo-electron tomography and subtomogram averaging.

The LMB has a large and vibrant cryo-EM community and the postdoc will collaborate with members of the Briggs and Scheres groups, staff in the EM facility and other cryo-EM researchers at the LMB. The EM facility at the LMB contains ten electron microscopes including three Titan Krios microscopes as well as a suite of associated equipment for sample preparation. We have extensive resources for high-performance computing including large CPU and GPU clusters.

This role may be appropriate for a person interested in a future career in methods development research, or in technical support/management.

Please get in touch with me if you have any questions, otherwise find more details here:

https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BUP398/postdoctoral-scientist-cdf

Best wishes,

John