[3dem] IST Austria cryo-EM inauguration symposium, October 18

Carrie Bernecky carrie.bernecky at ist.ac.at
Tue Aug 6 14:25:46 PDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

We cordially invite you to attend the IST Austria cryo-EM inauguration
symposium, which will take place on October 18, 2019. Please join us for
some exciting talks and posters. Registration is free and we have a
lineup of great speakers: Jan Pieter Abrahams,
Peter Brzezinski, Gaia Pigino, Jürgen Plitzko, Henning Stahlberg, Sharon
Wolf, and Peijun Zhang.

More details about the symposium can be found at: https://cryo-em.ist.ac.at/

With two new transmission electron microscopes (Thermo Scientific
Glacios and Titan Krios), a Thermo Scientific Aquilos cryo-focused ion
beam/scanning electron microscope, and a dedicated cryo-correlative
Leica CLEM setup, IST has established Austria’s largest cryo-EM center.
The aim of this symposium is to celebrate the opening of our expanded
facility and to highlight some of the exciting research involving
cryo-electron microscopy.

We plan to host a poster session in the afternoon, and encourage
everyone interested to participate. Abstract submission will be done
through the registration page. We will also offer a tour of the EM
facility in the afternoon. We hope many of you can join us!

Best wishes on behalf of the organizing team,
Carrie Bernecky
Florian Schur
Leonid Sazanov

--
Carrie Bernecky
Institute of Science and Technology Austria