[3dem] discard bad frames in motioncor2?

Ben Engel engelben at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Apr 25 14:08:33 PDT 2019

Hi all,

When aligning a frame stack with Motioncor2, is there an option to detect
frames with black areas of the image that didn't make it out of the K2
digitizer, and toss those frames?  This doesn't happen to me very often,
but sometimes I get a bad frame in a stack of ~10 frames.  I'm happy to
throw away that one funky frame, but doing it manually is a bit of a pain.
Dimitry Tegunov's K2Align has the functionality, and it works well:
https://github.com/dtegunov/k2align.  But Iike motioncor2's patch-based
alignment, so it would be cool to also have that "throw away frames with
black boxes" over there.

Am I missing it?
https://hpc.nih.gov/apps/RELION/MotionCor2-UserManual-05-03-2018.pdf

Best,