[3dem] Postdoc position at Paul Scherrer Institute - Switzerland

Jacopo Marino jacopo.marino at psi.ch
Wed Apr 17 00:38:00 PDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to announce the opening of a postdoc position within the
group of Prof. Dr. Gebhard Schertler at Paul Scherrer Institute in
Villigen, Switzerland.

The project aims at solving the structure of adhesion G-protein coupled
receptors using cryo-EM and X-ray crystallography. /In vivo/ and /in
vitro/ functional studies will be carried out with a project partner in
Zurich.

We are looking for a candidate with a PhD in natural sciences, with
experience in mammalian expression systems and cryo-electron microscopy.
Experience in X-ray crystallography is a plus.

The Laboratory of Biomolecular Reasearch at PSI is strongly focused on
the structural characterization of membrane proteins, and therefore we
have state-of-the-art equipment for mammalian and insect cell culture,
protein purification, and biophysical characterization. X-ray
crystallization facility and beamline are a few steps from our lab. We
have in house a JEOL 2200 microscope equipped with a K2 detector, and
access to Titan Krios microscopes at nearby ETH Zurich. A computing
cluster at PSI with 34 GPUs is available for image processing.

The project is funded for 2 years with the possibility of extension.
_Deadline is 17th of May 2019._

Our group is keen in supporting the career development of postdocs, and
therefore candidates will be encouraged and helped in applying to
postdoctoral fellowships and other grants to strengthen their track-record.

A full description of the job can be found here:

https://www.psi.ch/pa/job-opportunities/1997

Please do not hesitate to ask any question.

With best regards,

Jacopo Marino.

--

Dr. Jacopo Marino