[3dem] Talos FEG Emission...

Matthias Wolf matthias.wolf at oist.jp
Sun Sep 16 19:14:58 PDT 2018

Hi Duncan,

On our Talos Arctica, at 200kV and XFEG extractor at 4000V, GL5, we are getting 270uA emission. Despite still good, our FEG tip is more than 2 years old and due for replacement this week. Values will be different for SFEG.

On F3EC in counting mode, the dose rate is usually not a limiting factor. We are getting ~0.9 elec/pixel/sec dose rate at 1.12A/pixel size and spot 7 with parallel beam. But it seems you are using F2 in integrating mode.

If your FEG Emission is not stable and varies spontaneously, have FEI look at it.

  Matthias