[3dem] Talos FEG Emission...

Sacha De Carlo sacha.decarlo at dectris.com
Sun Sep 16 18:28:29 PDT 2018

Is this a normal FEG or an XFEG? Extraction voltage ? Gun lens ?

Best
Sacha

Sent from my mobile device
-----------------------------
Sacha De Carlo, Ph.D.
Business Development EM
Dectris.com

On 17 Sep 2018, at 03:00, duncan.sousa at rcn.com wrote:

Dear 3DEM,

I'm working on a Talos and the FEG emission history is highly inconsistent
and currently lower than I'd like for single particle data collection on a
Falcon II camera.  I'm hoping FEI Talos owners would be willing share with
me their FEG emission levels. I'd also like to know what dose rate you can
achieve under parallel illumination conditions at your preferred data
collections:  gun lens, spot size, extraction voltage, etc.

The values I'm seeing are ~30-45uA and under parallel conditions it's
difficult to achieve better than 10 e-/Ang per second with spot size 3 or
greater.

Kind Regards,
Duncan

Duncan Sousa, PhD