[3dem] Negative stain on graphene oxyde grids

Julien Bous julien.bous at etu.umontpellier.fr
Thu Sep 13 03:51:18 PDT 2018

Dear Community,

Here is an overview of all the responses I got from my precedent message.
First thing, in regard to some responses, maybe I didn't make my point
clear enough. For this project I already did a good characterisation in
negative stain. But unfortunately my sample don't behave well when I
freeze it on regular holey grids. Therefore, I try GrOx grids to
overcome my issue. In order to get a first idea about the interaction
between GrOx and my sample, and to set
cryoem
conditions, I wanted to do negative stain on GrOx. -Most of you
suggested that it should be possible to try it, but tricky, because
graphene oxide is fragile and can be easily damage by the preparation.
Futhermore it may behave differently in
cryo. Consequently, you said that the best way should be to move
directly incryo
on GrOx.
-Nonetheless, I got two positive feedback, from people who already tried
it successfully, and one of them found it really useful to adjust his
cryo-condition.
  Thank you very much for all you're interesting responses, I'll think
to all your arguments and see what is the best strategy in my case.

Best ,

Julien