[3dem] Negative stain on graphene oxyde grids

Munoz.Hugo hmunoz at cnio.es
Tue Sep 11 11:15:07 PDT 2018

Dear Julen,

I haven’t never done negative stain on graphene oxide grids. In my opinion, this will not work. The graphene oxide sheets are distributed randomly across the EM grid and most of the grid is cover by a monolayer of graphexe oxide. At the end those kind of grids are quite fragile, not good for negative stain procedure. Why don’t you simply do cryoem straightforwardly??

Best wishes,

Hugo Muñoz Hernández