[3dem] Compiling RELION3 for TIFF files

Takanori Nakane tnakane at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 11 01:04:02 PDT 2018

Hi,

RELION can import TIFF files.
But without libtiff correctly linked, RELION cannot use them.

Since other programs might be distributed with their own IO routine
for TIFF, or statically linked to TIFF handling libraries, the fact
that a program can handle TIFF on the computer does not necessarily
mean RELION on the same computer can handle TIFF. One has to look
at cmake outputs and make sure libtiff is correctly linked.

Best regards,

Takanori Nakane

>>> 3dem at ncmir.ucsd.edu