[3dem] questions about carbon coaters /glow discharge

Stanislav Vitha stanvitha at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 7 11:21:22 PDT 2018

We have the Pelco EasiGlow  glow discharge apparatus, separate from a Cressington carbon coater (with which I do not have experience).
The EasiGlow has worked without problems for many years  (9  years or more), and users love the easy operation, with a single button to push.

The only issue is that some users are a bit impatient and try to yank off the bell jar before the vacuum is fully released and doing so chip the edge of the bell jar (which then does not seal).– Filling the chipped area with JB Weld and sanding it smooth fixed it many times, but eventually we had to buy a new jar.

Go Spartans!

Regards,

Stan

Dr. Stanislav Vitha