[3dem] Falcon II uses only half of the 1Gb/s bandwidth.

Sargis Dallakyan sargis at nysbc.org
Tue Oct 16 18:02:08 PDT 2018

Just to break an ice on this topic, what kind of disk is on a PC that you are transferring the data to? It's been mentioned in one of the latest DDN videos<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NabTsYl_mIQ&list=PLohLhg8SlVmbG8W_TFIWQFFhg1LJ0-xf1> that no matter how big is your bandwidth, you'll be disk IO limited if your storage can't support enough IOPS (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOPS). Maybe getting an SSD might solve this bottleneck, if I understand the problem correctly.

Respectfully,
Sargis Dallakyan, PhD - Systems Administrator
National Resource for Automated Molecular Microscopy
Simons Electron Microscopy Center
New York Structural Biology Center
http://emg.nysbc.org/redmine/users/105