[3dem] Open postdoc position, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine

Chang, Yi-Wei Yi-Wei.Chang at pennmedicine.upenn.edu
Fri Oct 12 08:41:23 PDT 2018

Dear all,

The Yi-Wei Chang lab in the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine is looking for an enthusiastic postdoc to join the group. Our main research interests are (1) in vivo structural study of important biological processes/nanomachines through electron cryo-tomography; and (2) development of correlative light and electron microscopy methods and further their applications. (Our lab website<http://www.yiweichanglab.org/>)

The successful candidate is expected to have a strong background in cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, super-resolution microscopy, physics, or computer programming, and, most importantly, is inspired by the importance and FUN of in situ structural determination.

Our institute is fully equipped for cutting-edge electron cryo-tomography: a 300keV Titan Krios G3i cryo-EM with Volta phase plate, Quantum energy filter and K3 direct detector, a cryo-FIB-SEM, a cryogenic fluorescence light microscope, a comprehensive sample preparation and screening facility (EMRL<https://www.med.upenn.edu/electronmicroscopyresourcelab/>), and several state-of-the-art computer clusters for data processing.

If you are interested in joining us and having a lot of fun together while building up a strong publication record, please send your CV and a cover letter to me directly at (yi-wei.chang at pennmedicine.upenn.edu<mailto:yi-wei.chang at pennmedicine.upenn.edu>). Please also feel free to contact with me if you have any questions regarding this position. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Yi-Wei

—
Yi-Wei Chang, Ph.D.