[3dem] One more Falcon 3 question

Morgan, David Gene dagmorga at indiana.edu
Fri Oct 5 11:22:08 PDT 2018

Hi,

    I hate to keep bothering you all with Falcon 3 questions, but  we are not getting quite enough information from our FEI/Thermo contacts...  The blade-style server that is connected to the camera itself needs to be connected using fiber optic cable.  Does anyone have specs for what we need?  We (obviously) know the length and we managed to get some information for the end connections, but we don't know things like fiber type (single mode, multimode, POF - plastic optical fiber).  It may not matter, but I'd prefer to know more before I order anything.

    Thanks for all your help with the rack, and I'm sure you can offer some suggestions about the cable also.

--
    politics is more difficult than physics.
                                             A. Einstein

            David Gene Morgan
        Electron Microscopy Center
             047D Simon Hall