[3dem] Scipion release v1.2.1
Jose Miguel de la Rosa Trevin
delarosatrevin at scilifelab.se
Tue Oct 2 06:52:12 PDT 2018
Dear EM community,
We are pleased to announce another release of Scipion, v1.2.1 is now
We added several new features, made improvements and fixed bugs, specially
for on-the-fly data processing. Find below the more important ones:
*New for Streaming*
- Allow protocols to run in multiple GPUs (e.g Gctf and Gautomatch)
- Protocols can now wait for other protocols to finish before starting
- Allow some protocols to "wait" and work in "batch" mode to reduce the
IO operations in fast protocols (while checking for updates in the stream).
- Schedule batch of 2D classification jobs one after each other
(protocol '2d streamer')
- Local sharpening protocol in Xmipp :
- Added cryomethods package added from McGill developers: New volume
selector protocol: produces and selects the best initial map automatically.
- Relion protocol to center averages (center of mass in
- Protocol to export particles in Relion format (both .star file and
For a more detailed list of changes, visit:
If you want to give a try to the new version, you can download from
You can find installation instructions
https://github.com/I2PC/scipion/wiki/How-to-Install and don’t hesitate to
contact us if need help or want to provide feedback.
We are also very happy to see the Scipion development becoming more
distributed. The main developers team is in Madrid, but now core developers
are also in Stockholm, Montreal and Cambridge. We will be really happy to
have more people on-board, come and join us!
For the next release, we are going for a more strong “pluginization”, to
make the whole platform more easy to maintain and the development more
agile. Stay tuned and keep an eye!
I2PC, National Center of Biotechnology, Madrid
SciLifeLab, Stockholm University
McGill University, Montreal
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem