[3dem] Open position at McGill for a PDF in transmission electron microscopy - winter 2019

Joaquin Ortega, Dr. joaquin.ortega at mcgill.ca
Wed Nov 21 18:21:11 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

Please see postdoc add from my colleague Audrey Moores at McGill. Great position opportunity.

Please send applications directly to her.

Best regards

Joaquin

Joaquin Ortega
Professor and Research Director FEMR
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology
McGill University
Montreal. QC Canada H3A 0C7
Phone: (514) 398-5230
https://joaquinortega9.wixsite.com/ortegalabmcgill
[cid:cc426c85-91ab-4a0c-b637-330299d1552f at CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]

Dear all,

I’m contacting you today because we have just opened a position at McGill for a PDF who will be the main operator and researcher on a new FEI Talos machine that will be installed this winter within FEMR, the McGill platform for EM. I’m attaching the job post to this email.
The main thrust of the position will be in the development of EELS, ED and tomography techniques, mostly for chemistry, physics and engineering applications. The position is open to start this winter. This position was enabled via a province-wide initiative, namely the building of a Quebec Network for electron microscopy (RQMEM). RQMEM was founded by a $29M investment of Canada Foundation for Innovation, spans across 7 universities and will ultimately include 2 corrected microscopes. This will thus be an exciting scientific environment.
CVs are to be sent to me directly.

Let me know if you have any question.

Yours

Audrey
----------
Audrey H. Moores, Dr.
Canada Research Chair in Green Chemistry (2007-17)
Associate Professor Department of Chemistry McGill University
Associate Editor, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering<http://pubs.acs.org/journal/ascecg>
801 Sherbrooke St. West
Montreal, QC, Canada
H3A-0B8