[3dem] MRC-EM Facility positions - deadline approaching.

John Briggs jbriggs at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 19 09:22:32 PST 2018

Dear All,

We have exciting opportunities to work in the EM facility at the MRC-LMB in Cambridge.

The application deadline is 26th November.

The new positions are part of the team that manage, maintains and develops the facility, supports users, and gets involved in collaborative projects aimed at improving cryo-EM.

The LMB has a vibrant cryo-EM community, and is a great place to work. The facility has three Titan Krios, two Polara, two other FEG microscopes, a Scios dual-beam and lower-end microscopes. It has approximately 170 active users applying electron cryomicroscopy and cryo-electron tomography to study important biological problems. There are research programmes aimed at the development of new hardware and software for cryo-electron microscopy. We have positions appropriate for every level of EM experience:
Senior EM Engineer: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BNU283/senior-electron-microscope-engineer-electron-microscope-engineer-structural-studies <https://www.indeed.co.uk/recommendedjobs?vjk=5d59d5316caae0de>
EM Research Support Officer: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BNV174/electron-microscopy-research-support-officer-structural-studies <https://www.indeed.co.uk/recommendedjobs?vjk=30b85718804f1795>
EM Research Assistant: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BNV141/electron-microscopy-research-support-assistant-structural-studies <https://www.indeed.co.uk/recommendedjobs?vjk=f86c110aa2a649dc>

https://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/research/scientific-facilities-and-support-services/electron-microscopy/ <https://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/research/scientific-facilities-and-support-services/electron-microscopy/>

John Briggs and Shaoxia Chen