[3dem] Add random noise to reconstruction

Vladan Lucic vladan at biochem.mpg.de
Fri Nov 2 10:21:04 PDT 2018

Hi Stelnar,

Perhaps you have double (overlapping) particles, as a result of double
picking or translations during refinement for example. A quick way to
check for this is to make particle half-sets from different tomograms
(split tomograms in two groups and make each half particle set from one
group). In this way, double particles will always be in the same
particle half-set. If the FSC between these halves goes to 0, it's
double particles.

Just a guess, hope it helps

Best,

Vladan