[3dem] Postdoctoral position in CryoEM at the University of Exeter

Gold, Vicki V.A.M.Gold at exeter.ac.uk
Wed May 9 01:26:12 PDT 2018

Dear all,

A position for a Postdoctoral Research Assistant is available in the group of Dr. Vicki Gold at the Living Systems Institute, University of Exeter

The successful candidate will employ biochemistry and molecular biology, combined with state-of-the-art electron cryo-microscopy, tomography and image processing to study the infection cycle of a filamentous bacteriophage, with important implications for drug development and synthetic biology. Our institute is equipped with brand new sample preparation laboratories, an automated and cryo-capable screening microscope with CMOS detector, a dedicated high-performance computer cluster for image processing and 3D visualisation workstations. The candidate will also have regular access to our shared GW4 200 kV Talos Arctica with a K2 direct electron detector, and to 300kV Titan Krios microscopes at core facilities.

Previous experience in either protein purification or cryoEM is essential.

Closing date for applications is 6th June 2018.

For further information please see here<https://jobs.exeter.ac.uk/hrpr_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=300456LbRq&WVID=3817591jNg&LANG=USA>

Best regards,
Vicki

Dr. Vicki Gold