[3dem] Cryo-EM Research Scientist at NYU

David Stokes stokes at nyu.edu
Tue May 8 15:47:24 PDT 2018

*Research Scientist in Cryo-EM*

NYU Langone Health is seeking a Research Scientist to assist with the
operation of our newly opened state-of-the-art cryo-EM core. The core
includes Titan Krios and Talos Arctica microscopes with direct detectors
and applications will include both single particle EM and cryo electron
tomography. The successful applicant will work with the Director and
Assistant Director to support daily operations and will specifically be
responsible for preparation of samples, operation of electron
microscopes and training/assisting users in the use of ancillary
equipment for making grids and freezing samples. Requirements include an
advanced degree in Structural Biology or related field, experience in
cryo-EM and a general understanding of the principles of imaging and
structure determination, excellent communication and interpersonal
skills, and an aptitude for multi-tasking and record-keeping.

The ideal candidate will not only demonstrate these technical skills,
but will also contribute enthusiasm and passion to our new facility. We
are looking for a colleague who is enthusiastic about interacting with
researchers at all levels and will consistently strive to produce
state-of-the-art results for a variety of challenging projects. There
will be opportunities for development of new technologies and for
collaboration with the user community, which is likely to include
external users from both academia and industry. NYU School of Medicine
has high expectations for this facility and this job offers an excellent
opportunity for an electron microscopist to make a big impact on our
vibrant and diverse research community. Finally, the many academic
institutions in the New York area, most of which have cryo-EM
facilities, offer ample opportunities for interactions and growth.

Applicants should send a curriculum vitae and names of three references
to David Stokes at stokes at nyu.edu. Salary shall be commiserate with
experience.

NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of
recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to
apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color,
gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation,
transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion,
disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status,
citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot
lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.