[3dem] Scientific curator to work with EMDB and EMPIAR data

Ardan Patwardhan ardan at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 15 07:17:10 PDT 2018

Dear all

EMDB (emdb-empiar.org <http://emdb-empiar.org/>) is a public archive for 3D molecular and cellular structures derived from cryo-EM experiments including single-particle and electron tomography.  EMPIAR (empiar.org <http://empiar.org/>) started off as a public archive for image data related to EMDB structures but has now expanded to including 3D imaging data from modalities such as scanning electron microscopy and soft X-ray tomography. A vital part of our work is the curation of deposited data to make sure, for instance, that the data has the relevant biological annotations so that it is discoverable by non expert users. We are looking for a person who has experience in electron microscopy, bioimaging or structural biology with a genuine interest in understanding the biology underpinning the structural/bioimaging experiments to join our curation team. This is a unique opportunity to work with EMDB and EMPIAR at an exciting time when the field is growing, and would be suitable for those looking for alternative career options in the biosciences field not involving a traditional research track.

For more information, please go to:

https://www.embl.de/jobs/searchjobs/index.php?ref=EBI_01149&newlang=1 <https://www.embl.de/jobs/searchjobs/index.php?ref=EBI_01149&newlang=1>

The closing date is 23/3/2018

Feel free to pass the information on to any potentially interested and qualified people you may know.

Many thanks and best wishes

Ardan Patwardhan
Team Leader - Cellular Structure & 3D Bioimaging
EMDB & EMPIAR
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) European Molecular Biology Laboratory
Wellcome Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD
Tel: +44 1223 492649