[3dem] 626 holder temperature

Reinhard Rachel Reinhard.Rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Mar 8 07:42:42 PST 2018

dear cryo-holder 626 experts,

another question to this holder.
We have a 626/70 Jeol version (vintage 2012) and were happy, so far.
a closer look (yesterday, after a rest for 3 months) made us at least curious
to look into details and have a careful check (hopefully, not repair?):
a) heating the holder is done with the smart controller set for 36 to 48 hrs,
to 80°C (whether good or not? remarks are welcome). How to check whether this
temperature is really set? a digital thermometer - inserted into the dewar and
touching the metal part, the bottom of the dewar - reads something like 41 C
(set at 70 C : about 36-38 or so) ... hmm. This means either, the temperature
meter of Gatan is "somewhere else" (likely the case; everything ok??), or the
temperature is not reached, at all. Or anything else?
b) the clipring - when inserted - is rather loose, and not as tight as I
thought it was; or, it should be. "It does not fit any more" - but is this the
only explanation? are the metal parts holding the clipring 'bent'? we will try
the other cliprings (we have 4 more, to try), but I also would appreciate any
comments from other users, regarding this point.

thank you in advance!
Kind regards,
Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel
University of Regensburg
mail reinhard.rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
office: VKL 3.1.29

Next microscopy conferences:
- 19th International Microscopy Congress, Sydney; 9-14 Sept 2018
http://imc19.com/
- Microscopy Conference MC2019: 1.-5. Sept 2019 in Berlin
- next Microbiol. conferences:
VAAM - Annual Conf.: 15-18 April 2018 Wolfsburg