[3dem] Help about ice condensation on LN2 tank mounted to Titan Krios

Mykhailo Kopylov mn12 at my.fsu.edu
Fri Mar 2 08:23:13 PST 2018

Dear Aguang,

At our facility we never let the tanks to go completely empty, so we have avoided this issue. We usually keep the 230L tank attached to the scope for one week and then replace it with the full one. We use the remaining nitrogen for the daily needs (clipping, loading, freezing etc). This means we always have 2 LN tanks per scope at the facility.

We also monitor the amount of nitrogen in the tank using the industrial scale. LN tank sits on top of the scale when it’s attached to the scope. In this way we know exactly how much LN we have left.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Misha

 --
Mykhailo (Misha) Kopylov, Ph.D.
Scientist, Simons Electron Microscopy Center