[3dem] Local resolution image

Jillian Chase jillian.d.chase at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 14:55:26 PDT 2018

Hi All,

I'm also very curious about this- has any standard been implemented? It would be nice to have a general guideline so reported data is more-or-less equally easy to interpret in various papers.

We are in the process of drafting a manuscript and have gone back and forth about how to show local resolution in an intuitive way. Some areas of our map are better or worse than the global resolution. What we've settled on (for now) is a rainbow color spectrum (Chimera) in which the range spans both above and below our global res and we have included the scale next to our map colored by res and labeled with resolution. Is there a universal standard that the community is moving towards for this or are we approaching it correctly (or as best we can) for now?

Any insight would be very useful.

All the best,
Jillian

Jillian Chase