[3dem] [ccpem] 2D centering of particle images

Wang, Steven ywang148 at illinois.edu
Tue Jul 24 08:49:12 PDT 2018

Dear Dr. van Heel, Dr. Koeck, Dr. Ludtke, and Dr. Herman,

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. I will take a look at the reading materials you suggested and try to understand the centering problem better. Thanks.

P. S. I am working with a membrane protein similar to the TRPV1, so the protein is not spherical but has some symmetry. I also have the 2D classifications and 3D volume maps derived from the particle stack. My current goal is to remove some noises from each particle image and improve the final map resolution.

Steven Wang