[3dem] post-doc position at SLAC/Stanford University

van den Bedem, Henry vdbedem at slac.stanford.edu
Tue Jan 9 11:49:27 PST 2018

Post-doctoral position in the Biosciences Division at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory/Stanford University

The Biosciences Division at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory/Stanford University has an opening for a post-doctoral position. Our group works at the interface of computation and experiment to understand how proteins and ligands interact and function. For the successful candidate, there will be ample opportunity to get experience at the bench if desired.

Our research in computational structural biology and conformational dynamics centers on resolving spatiotemporally averaged data in ensemble experiments. Responsibilities for the position include developing novel computational, statistical and experimental methodologies to identify biomolecular ensembles and allosteric mechanisms from X-ray and electron sources, in close collaboration with the Fraser group at UCSF, leading academic groups at SLAC/Stanford, and our collaborators in the pharmaceutical industry.

The position is for up to four years, and available immediately. Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in a quantitative discipline, like computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, computational (bio)physics, or similar, and strong algorithm and software development skills (Python or C++). Demonstrated experience with X-ray crystallography/cryoEM data processing, or machine learning approaches would be a plus.

SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science laboratory operated by Stanford University and has a unique set of large-scale facilities including the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) X-ray Free-Electron Laser, the SLAC cryo-EM facilities, the Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource (SSRL), and state-of-the-art High-Performance Computing facilities.

Come join us in sunny California!

Inquiries or applications, including a CV with publication list and two references to:
Henry van den Bedem (vdbedem at slac.stanford.edu)