[3dem] Electron microscopist position at Vironova AB, Sweden

Mathieu Colomb-Delsuc mathieu.colomb-delsuc at vironova.com
Tue Jan 9 07:23:15 PST 2018

Dear colleagues,

Positions for Electron Microscopists are now opening in Vironova AB, a
biotech company located in Stockholm, Sweden specialized in electron
microscopy services, please see the offer below:

Vironova AB was founded in 2005 as a result of interdisciplinary research
at the Karolinska Institutet in Stockholm, Sweden and is today a quickly
growing company with around 50 employees. Vironova offers unique services
for nanoparticle characterization together with our software solutions
(VAS) for advanced electron microscopy image analysis and recently launched
tabletop TEM system (MiniTEM). We are currently opening the first Good
Manufacturing Practice (GMP) compliant EM facility. Therefore, Vironova is
now searching for the right people to join the Electron Microscopy Service
Unit.

With our proprietary in-house developed software (VAS) we offer a unique
range of transmission electron microscopy (TEM) image analysis services in
accordance to GMP to biotech companies and the pharmaceutical industry (our
clients are mainly found in the vaccine and drug/gene delivery industry). Our
image analysis services are mainly used for characterization of specimens
such as viruses, VLPs, liposomes and lipid nanoparticles. Depending on the
characteristics of the specimen and the aim of the study Vironova uses
different sample preparation methods and TEM-techniques such as cryoTEM,
negative stain (nsTEM) and ultra-thin sectioning of cells or tissues
(utsTEM).

As the demand for our services is constantly increasing, we are now looking
for people with experience in both nsTEM and cryoTEM. You will join a team
of scientists focusing on delivering projects to the highest quality and on
time to our clients, therefore, the person we are looking for has:

   -

   Extensive experience in nsTEM and cryoTEM (≥4 years experience)
   -

   Good communication skills in English (written and spoken)
   -

   A good scientific and quality mindset

In addition, you will be involved in cross functional activities to support
the development of the proprietary software, to support marketing & sales
and to interact with clients. As a person you are analytical and
structured. You like to be part of a team, are committed and responsible.
You are a good communicator, enjoy learning new things as well as being a
good educator. As each microscopist in the team are running several
projects at a time, you are good in multitasking, flexible and service
oriented.

Traveling to clients and conferences is part of the position.

If you are interested or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to
contact Josefina Nilsson (*josefina.nilsson at vironova.com
<josefina.nilsson at vironova.com>*). Please send in your application (CV and
a personal letter) before the *12**th** of January 2018.*

Best regards,

Mathieu

--
*Mathieu Colomb-Delsuc*, PhD