[3dem] Microscopist position in Halle, Germany

Panagiotis Kastritis panagiotis.kastritis at embl.de
Mon Feb 5 09:29:33 PST 2018

Dear EM community,
I would like to draw your attention to an open position of EM facility manager at the HALOmem institute, located at the Martin Luther University of Halle-Wittenberg (MLU) in Halle, Germany.
Our cryoEM facility includes the 300 kV JEOL JEM-3200FSC (equipped with field emission gun, cryo-stage, in-column energy filter and GATAN K2 direct electron detector). Funds are available to acquire another high-end cryo-electron microscope.
We are searching for a staff scientist/facility manager who will oversee the operation of the cryoEM facility: assist users with training on the microscopes, perform data collection and ensure timely maintenance of the microscopes.
The position is offered until August 2022 and the call closes on the 5th of March.
The candidate should have an extensive experience in electron microscope operation, preferably under cryogenic conditions.
The HALOmem institute (http://www.halomem.de/) is interested in membrane protein research and houses research groups with strong expertise in protein biochemistry, X-ray crystallography, NMR and proteomics.
Interested candidates should apply via e-mail or request further information from Dr. Panagiotis Kastritis (pk at halomem.de)
--
Official call (in german): http://www.verwaltung.uni-halle.de/dezern3/Ausschr/18_138.pdf
 English translation: http://www.halomem.de/images/uploads/EM_manager_ad-eng_inofficial.pdf

Thank you very much,
 Kindest Regards,

Panos

--
 Dr. Panagiotis Kastritis
Structural and Computational Biology Unit