[3dem] Microscopist position in Toronto

John Rubinstein john.rubinstein at utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 2 10:55:13 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We have an opening in the Nanoscale Biomedical Imaging facility for a microscopist (http://www.sickkids.ca/Research/Advanced-Bioimaging-Centre/Staff/index.html) in Toronto.
The facility is a joint venture between the Hospital for Sick Children's Research Institute (www.sickkids.ca) and the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Institute at Mt. Sinai Hospital (www.lunenfeld.ca). The facility currently includes two TEMs (a FEI T20 and CM10) and an SEM (FEI XL30). An associated node of the facility (on the same floor) maintains a G3 Titan Krios microscope for high-throughput high-resolution cryo-EM while my own laboratory has a FEI TF20/K2 that is housed within the facility. Funding is already in place to purchase a FIB SEM and SBF SEM.

We are seeking a microscopist to assist with TEM and SEM, primarily for the cell biology community at the two Research Institutes and elsewhere in Toronto.

The position is described here:
https://career.sickkids.ca/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1 <https://career.sickkids.ca/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_SCHJOB&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1>
Please see Job 8789

Best,
John

--