[3dem] Abnormal FSC

Scott Stagg sstagg at fsu.edu
Tue Aug 21 14:12:56 PDT 2018

Yes. I think it’s due to cubic ice. That dip is right where the “ring” is in the FFTs of micrographs with cubic ice. I don’t have a fully justified explanation for why it dips, but in my mind it goes something like this: there is a repeating feature at that resolution band, but your refinement isn’t aligning to it, it’s aligning to the particle, so there’s a dip in resolution (apologies for the run-on sentence).