[3dem] CP3 versus EM-GP for SPA

Laura Kim kimyaunhee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 08:10:47 PDT 2017

Hi 3DEM,

We are replacing our Gatan CP3, which is quite old and on its way out. We are debating between the purchase of a replacement Gatan CP3 or a Leica EM-GP for our cryo-EM facility, where the majority of projects are single particle. We like that the EM-GP has temperature control and does not require gas hookups, but have heard that most labs using the EM-GP are doing filament-type projects and not SPA. Can any labs using the EM-GP for SPA comment on this? Do people have a preference for one over the other for SPA? Please let me know, thanks.

Laura