[3dem] Applications Engineer Position Opening (Thermo Fisher Scientific)
Anke.Mulder at fei.com
Thu Oct 12 08:32:08 PDT 2017
Dear EM Community,
I am looking for a talented scientist who is excited and eager to become an excellent CryoTEmicroscopist by joining our dedicated Autoloader (Krios/Arctica/Glacios) applications team. If you are a fool for CryoEM, send your resume to me and apply here: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/ShowJob/Id/35397/Engineer-Applications/
The Life Science Applications team has one goal—to help our customers be successful in their research. We do this primarily by delivering world-class training and support for our customers with Cryo-Electron Microscopy autoloader systems such as the Talos Arctica and the Titan Krios. In order to provide the best support for our customers, we continually develop and further our Cryo-Electron Microscopy expertise so as to remain at the cutting edge of new developments.
Building on a solid scientific foundation combined with a strong commercial interest and excellent communication skills, the Applications Engineer works closely with top specialists in electron microscopy at leading Life Science research institutes and biopharma companies, ensuring that early adopters of new Thermo Fisher Scientific technology become successful in obtaining optimal results from their microscope.
Specific deliverables associated with this opportunity include
· Foster positive relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service;
· Conduct on site and remote customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions;
· Facilitate demonstration of new instrument functionality by conducting acceptance tests at the Thermo Fisher Scientific production facility or after installation at customer sites;
· Serve as a life science CryoEM expert, in particular with regard to autoloader systems;
· Support R&D, product development, marketing, and sales by lending applications expertise.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· An advanced degree (M.S./Ph.D.) in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Biophysics or Structural Biology;
· Expertise in Cryo-Electron Microscopy application areas (sample prep, single particle and tomography data collection and processing, FIB milling);
· Five years of high-end Cryo-Electron Microscopy research experience (academia or industry);
· Experience interacting with customers, service, marketing and R&D;
· Confident and determined;
· Excellent team player that can also work independently;
· Strong communication and inter-cultural skills;
· Very frequent traveling (up to 80%);
· Located in, or willing to relocate to, Texas, the Midwest, or the Southeast.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This position requires a criminal history background check. Only job-related convictions will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the applicant from employment. A drug screen will also be administered.
APPLY HERE: https://jobs.thermofisher.com/ShowJob/Id/35397/Engineer-Applications/
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Anke Mulder, Ph.D
Customer Success Manager
Materials & Structural Analysis
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Mobile (619) 309-5779
Anke.Mulder at thermofisherscientific.com<mailto:Anke.Mulder at thermofisherscientific.com>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the 3dem