[3dem] a Senior Scientist position available at UMass CryoEM Facility

Xu, Chen Chen.Xu at umassmed.edu
Mon Oct 9 06:56:04 PDT 2017

Dear List,

We are looking for a motivated individual to join our team at the Cryo-EM Core Facility as a Senior Scientist at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts (https://www.umassmed.edu/research/cores/cryo-em-core-facility/).

Our state-of-the-art facility is equipped with a Titan Krios with Bio-quantum GIF and K2 (to be updated to K3) detector and Talos Arctica with the K2 (K3) detector. The facility is highly efficient and has been yielding up-to-2.6 A resolution cryo-EM structures.

The main duty of the Senior Scientist is to participate in daily operation of the facility. There are also outstanding opportunities to participate in various exciting Cryo-EM projects from top Massachusetts laboratories.

Ideally, the candidate should have hands-on experience in Cryo-EM specimen preparation and microscope operation. Experience with image processing would be a plus.

The official post of this position contains further details and can be found at the link below.
http://umassmed.jobs/worcester-ma/research-scientist-sr/5B6E37539245401F988C18F303AEA477/job/

For questions, please contact Chen Xu, Director of the UMMS Cryo-EM Core facility – chen.xu at umassmed.edu<mailto:chen.xu at umassmed.edu> .

Thanks,
-Chen Xu