[3dem] putting additional 10G network card in the camera computer?

Chen, Songye songyech at caltech.edu
Sun Oct 1 08:16:40 PDT 2017

In retrospect, our biggest mistake was we didn’t make a full image backup of the entire system, and use this image backup to restore the system in the first place when our modification failed. Probably most people have already seen our mistake. Thank you Matthias in pointing it out. In telling our experience, I am not trying to scare people away from trying to put additional cards in the camera computer, as so many other labs have successfully done. I hope our experience serve as a cautionary tale, as what will happen if you make a mistake as we did.

Songye