[3dem] Three cryo-EM postdoc positions open in Helsinki

Juha Huiskonen juha at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 06:06:23 PST 2017

Dear All,

Three postdoc positions are open in my group at the newly-established
HiLIFE Helsinki Institute of Life Science.  Come and work with us on
cryo-EM (computational methods, structures of complexes, or viral membrane
fusion).  Prior expertise in cryo-EM is beneficial but not required.

University of Helsinki is strong in life science research and hosts a large
international academic community.  Working language of the laboratory is
English.

Local cryo-EM facilities include a Talos Arctica with a Volta phase plate
and a Falcon III plus a VitroBot and a Leica cryoplunger.  Access to Krios
microscopes is available at the University of Oxford where I hold a joint
appointment.

Helsinki is a fantastic place to live and was ranked on the 9th place in
the Global Liveability Ranking in 2017.

Further details here:

*Postdoc in com­pu­ta­tional method de­vel­op­ment for cryo-EM*
https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-positions/postdoc-in-computational-method-
development-for-cryo-em

*Post-doc po­s­i­tion in cryo-EM of mac­ro­molec­u­lar com­plexes*
https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-positions/post-doc-position-in-cryo-em-of-
macromolecular-complexes

*Post-doc­toral po­s­i­tion in cryo-EM of viral mem­brane fu­sion*
https://www.helsinki.fi/en/open-positions/post-doctoral-
position-in-cryo-em-of-viral-membrane-fusion

Please send informal enquiries to juha.huiskonen at helsinki.fi.

We accept applications until Sunday, December 10, 2017.

Best wishes,
Juha

--
Juha T. Huiskonen, PhD

Associate Professor of Structural Biology
Helsinki Institute of Life Science (HiLIFE)
University of Helsinki